Monday, September 16, 2013

Dreaming during pregnancy

  • When women get pregnant, they usually have a lot of crazy and sometimes bad dreams.  Dreams during pregnancy are usually caused by either hormonal changes or by insecurities.  I have had 2 recurring themes and after waking up crying I did some research and found that they are actually very common during pregnancy. 
1. I chugged a bottle of hard liquor and all I had to say about it was "it's only this once, it'll be ok."  I had that one 3 or 4 times.
2. My husband got tired of my growing stomach and found a lover on the side.  Each time I walked in on them and ended up having to raise Diana (our future daughter) alone. 
The first one is usually caused by a fear that you will do something to mess your baby up.  The second is caused by an insecurity of your husband or SO leaving you over the changes of your body and the coming responsibility. 
Other common themes:
Baby being born another species, alien etc.
Baby coming out demonic.
Doing drugs, drinking and other types of behavior that can cause the baby to be damaged.
Futuristic dreams of a happy family or bad family.
Dreams showing fear of the upcoming responsibilities.
And other dreams dealing with excitement, fear and insecurities.

No comments:

Post a Comment