Saturday, October 31, 2015

Midnight tonight starts National Novel Writing Month.

Anyone who really knows me knows I love challenges and a few years back I ran across Nanowrimo.org.
Every year since, I have attempted the challenge. The first year I was a stay at home mom and beat the challenge. Last year I ended up finishing what ended up being a short story so I didn't "win" but I have the rough draft I've been working on editing and rewriting. This year should be my last easy year since I am pregnant and due in December and my older is in school. I am working this year but only part time and after school lets out so I have week day mornings and afternoons to work on writing (plus after she goes to bed every day.)

For anyone who isn't familiar with the website, the goal is to write 50k words towards a novel during the month of November. It tracks with a simple(ish) 1,000 some odd words a day.

My only problem is that I have used pretty much all my ideas (I have two finished rough drafts and part of a squirrel project I started right after I finished the rough draft of number 1)

I've always loved writing, I always wanted to write a book but never could get every thing down on paper. This challenge helped me figure out how to start and finish- which was something I've always had problems with.

My first project was sitting there for years before I decided to figure out the story behind the idea (series of dreams I had years ago) and get it out on paper. That project is my baby and I'm planning on trying the traditional route and get it published, if I can't or decide I would rather go a more independent route, I have an account on Lulu publishing and am planning on doing it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment